Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ideas for the Video Portrait Project

For the video portrait project I decided to create a character. I want the character to be a girl who lives this sort of double life. During the day she is a quiet,studious girl who gets good marks in school but at night she is a party animal.

I'm thinking about using moving shots during the day and the still frames to depict her party life. I might incorporate a few stills during the day part or a few moving shots during the night part, I will see how it goes.

For the day part I will have sound bites of school, pencils on paper, clocks ticking, cafeterias etc. For the night part I will have soundbites of clubs and bars, I will have good techno type music playing there will be sounds of people drinking alcohol and smoking. I want to try and create a few images along the lines of "Requiem for a Dream" which is one of my favorite movies and I think it's one of the best edited movies there is.

I will represent this character so I will film myself at school, I will film myself doing homework, working etc.

Then I will film myself downtown when I go out with my friends, I will film bartenders pouring drinks, I will film people smoking.

Overall I want this portrait project to be dramatic I want to use a lot of closeups focusing on different things for example a closeup of someones lips as they smoke a cigarette or a closeup of someones face as they dance at a club or a closeup of someones hand circling an answer on a test.

I also want to use some black and white and of course narration. I think it might be cool to narrate my characters thoughts. I also think it would be cool to have closeups of clocks because time is a factor in my project. I think closeups of the time will help the viewer to grasp the concept of the "double life."

No comments: